Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dental work, on the financial front

I have to say it felt so good that my $500 dental work on Friday was paid for by my flex spending card. I didn't have to worry where the money was coming from, its being paid weekly, tax free and worry free out of my check into that account. I put $2,000 into it this year for several reasons, I wanted to put $3,000 into it. Maybe next year I can.

Also this is one thing I can take out of the budget because anything that comes directly out of the paycheck isn't counted as income. I am needing to re-do my budget again anyway. Thanks to Jennifer at Lifestyle of a Divorced Single Mom and her budget spreadsheet things on the financial front are coming along. Pretty soon I may even have a savings account that has actual money in it. Who knows. All I do know is that is no longer a dream but a reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Kari.

It's funny, I just sat down this morning and updated my budget and realized, yet again, I am going to go over for food this month. I hate grocery shopping! So I don't do it, and then I have to buy breakfast, and lunch, and dinner at some fast food place, and it throws the entire budget out the window for the month.

Plus, I need to get serious about coupons again. I justify getting the Sunday paper delivered because of the coupons, telling myself the savings more than pay for the subscription, and then I just throw the whole thing out.

Sigh. At least I can start over again next month.