Friday, December 26, 2008

Flex Spending

One of the first orders of action of getting my life under control is taking care of myself. Since I now have a horrible health insurance plan I haven't been taking care of myself like I should. So I am investing quite a bit into my flex spending this year. Of course that includes off the top the $500 portion of my share of this years payments towards my kiddo's braces. It also includes a $500 temporary repair to my tooth until I can afford the permanent repair which is $3k and is not an option but can wait a tiny bit longer. So those are two planned expenses as it is, then my deductible is $400 another pretty much planned expense and then there is some unplanned money there too for rx's, co-pays (which are exorbitantly high) and other such things.

Now the money will be there without me having to do much to make sure it is. I just have it directly taken out of my check and put into flex spending. They give me a niffty little card I can use it without even having to worry about being reimbursed, me likey that.

More financial stuff to come but I figured I'd start a little blurb

2 comments:

Rachel said...

\My health insurance doesn't even have a flex plan. I hate even thinking about the copays, deductibles, and the rest of it. good luck weeding thru it all!

Kari said...

I don't have a flex plan through my health insurance but through work. Thankfully they 'look out' for us that way because they sure don't with the insurance they offer us. For one over night visit to the hospital my co-pay is over $1k and that is after I paid my deductible. It makes me want to curl in a ball and cry.